Student Laptop Program
Information literacy and technology literacy are essential for success in society. An internet-connected laptop, along with dedicated instruction and supervision, can open up a whole new world of learning and expression for a student. Thus, parents of students entering grade 6 through grade 12 are responsible to provide a recent model Apple laptop for dedicated use by their student at school on a daily basis (see below for acceptable models and recommended “hard disc” size). (Grade 5 students use a school-owned laptop during the school day. This laptop remains at the school.) Parents, of course, have veto power over laptop usage when the laptop is not at school.
Laptop Program Details
If the information below, including the FAQ, does not answer all your questions about the laptop program please email email@example.com or visit the Tech Hub, which shares space with the PC Library on the 2nd floor of the Upper Building.
- How to Prepare a Student for the Concordia Laptop Program
- MS Family Technology Contract (completed by parent and student)
- Laptop (provided by parents)
- Laptop Requirement Letter (provided by Concordia)
- Laptop Warranty (provided by parents)
- Laptop Repair
- Laptop Case/Bag (provided by parents)
- USB Hard Drive (provided by parents)
- Apple ID
- Concordia Laptop Registration (done at Concordia Tech Hub before first day of class)
- Software (provided by Concordia)
- Laptop Administrative Control
How to Prepare a Student for the Concordia Laptop Program
MS Family Technology Contract (completed by parent and student)
Laptop (provided by parents)
Laptop Requirement Letter (provided by Concordia)
Laptop Warranty (provided by parents)
Laptop Case/Bag (provided by parents)
USB Hard Drive (provided by parents)
Concordia Laptop Registration (done at Concordia Tech Hub before first day of class)
Software (provided by Concordia)
Laptop Administrative Control
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be training on laptop usage?
- What if I am not returning to Shanghai in time to attend orientation?
- What will be covered in the mandatory Tech Orientation?
- What type of laptop do we need to buy?
- Does my student need administrator rights on the laptop?
- How do we create an Apple ID for our student?
- What if I am unsure of how to set up the Admin account or Apple ID?
- What, when, and where is laptop registration?
- What software do I need to buy?
- Does Concordia provide software upgrades?
- Will my student be able to install non-school related software on the laptop?
- What type of laptop bag is best?
- What size external USB hard drive is recommended?
- What if I don’t think my child is mature enough to care for their own laptop?
- Should we let our student use the laptop over the summer before school starts?
- Should we get a VPN for our student?
- Will the school provide laptop power chargers for use during the day?
- If my student forgets to bring his/her laptop to school will the school provide a loaner laptop for the day?
- Does the school provide a loaner laptop if my student’s laptop breaks?
- Can my Elementary School or Grade 5 student participate in the Laptop Program?
- My student is getting a new laptop, can the old laptop stay in the Laptop Program?
- I heard someone say there is something called “Find My iPhone.” Is that helpful and how do I get it?