Learning Support Program
The Learning Support (LS) program strives to provide individual students with the support needed to find personal and academic success to reach their potential in the daily learning environment. Our goal is to help students learn how to advocate effectively for themselves and to function responsibly and independently.
Our goal is to help students learn how to advocate effectively for themselves and to function responsibly and independently.
What We Believe
- Partnering with parents, other teachers, and our students to foster learning growth and development.
- Promoting understanding and respect for cultural and individual differences.
- Educating students with learning needs in classroom environments with typically developing peers to the maximum extent possible.
- Creating a diverse learning environment that provides benefit for all learners, teachers, and our community.
- Differentiated teaching, that includes appropriate accommodations and monitoring of student learning, fosters the most successful learning environment.
- Cooperative planning between the LS coach, classroom teacher, and any other service provider providing the most impactful instructional delivery model.
How We Serve
The LS department coaches work closely with grade level teachers to design interventions that support the range of learning needs of our students. The LS program supports students in the academic content of their core-subject classes, as well as providing assistance with time management, work completion and organization.
The school is able to provide support, through a referral process, for a limited number of students with mild and some moderate learning needs.