Middle school students can choose among sports, fine arts activities and clubs that support and extend learning outside of the classroom.
Exploration of self and China are hallmarks of the three-to-seven-day adventure, challenge and service excursions.
Welcome to Middle School
Concordia’s Middle School works in partnership with parents to create a school community that is supportive and responsive to student needs. Children between the ages of 10 and 14 are unique in intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth. Recognizing that these children are also strikingly different from each other, the middle school is designed to meet the needs of a child as well as an adolescent during the transition from the elementary to high school. Through a caring and secure environment, the middle school program ensures that all students experience challenge and success.
At Concordia our Middle School program is based upon the developmental needs of the young adolescent with the following goals:
- Mastering basic skills within an interdisciplinary context.
- Acquiring a fundamental body or knowledge and the critical thinking skills necessary for its interpretation and application.
- Developing and maintaining a positive self-image.
- Accepting increased social, personal and academic responsibilities.
- Exploring a diversity of curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Developing an increased awareness of individual differences and respect for others.
- Participating responsibly in the school community.
The Middle School Handbook for students and parents provides a comprehensive look at the middle school program, from daily schedules and homework to communication methods and child protection policies.
We are blessed to have a group of students who are being trained as servant leaders. This program helps our students grow in their identity and confidence as global citizens who can make a difference in the lives of others.
We don’t just talk about service, we live it through local service projects, classroom efforts, field trips, and student-led charity opportunities.