The Concordia counselors from all four divisions (EC, ES, MS and HS) are proud to present a 4 session parenting course entitled, "Love and Logic" by Charles Fay PhD, and Jim Fay beginning on Monday, April 12th.
What is Love and Logic All About?
This four-week module parenting course, developed by the Love and Logic Institute was designed to help parents find specific answers and actions for some of those difficult moments in child rearing. These simple techniques are effective with all ages of children.
The parent workshops will provide practical tools and techniques that help parents achieve respectful, healthy relationships with their children and help them prepare their kids for the real world.
Parents will learn solutions to:
- How to handle disruptions/distractions during meal times.
- How to diffuse conflicts and arguments with your kids.
- How to provide structure and routines for homework.
- Enhance interpersonal relationships with your kids.
- How to get children up and about in the mornings.
- How to manage technology in the home and enhance family time.
- How to stop and prevent power struggles.
- Many other day-to-day parenting challenges.
Dates of the workshops will be as follows:
Session 1- “Putting an End to Arguing, Back Talk, and Begging”
Monday, April 12th from -8:30-10:00 AM Bollywood, Address: 326 Hongfeng Rd, Pudong
Session 2- “Teaching Responsibility Without Losing their Love”
Monday, April 19th from 8:30-10:00 AM Bollywood, Address: 326 Hongfeng Rd, Pudong
Session 3- “Setting Limits Without Waging War”
Monday, April 26th from 8:30-10:00 AM Bollywood, Address: 326 Hongfeng Rd, Pudong
Session 4- “Guiding Kids to Own and Solve Their Problems”
Tuesday, May 4th from 8:30-10:00 AM Bollywood, Address: 326 Hongfeng Rd, Pudong
We encourage parents to read one of the books while taking the course. The book, “Parenting with Love and Logic” is geared towards elementary parents and the book “Parenting Teens with Love and Logic” would be best for middle and high school parents. You may check these books out at the Concordia Library (first-come first-serve), order your own copy on line, or read an electronic copy; for example, Kindle.
Concordia Parent Quotes:
- “Provided useful parenting philosophy and skills and provided an opportunity for parents to share and support each other.”
- “I liked the workshops with all the live stories shared by counselors and discussions between parents.”
- “Fantastic, loved it!”
- "Love & Logic helped me view parenting in a more enjoyable and less stressful way. The sessions encouraged parents to become empathetic partners rather than inflexible authoritarians to their children. Sharing experiences and questions with other parents helped me realize that I was not in this boat alone! The Concordia counseling team was wonderful in guiding discussions and exploring questions specific to our community."
For more information on Love and Logic for parents, please click on the link below:
We hope to see you there!
The Concordia Counseling Team