Overseas Expat Faculty Benefits
Overseas expatriate faculty are those who are recruited from abroad by the school, specifically to work at Concordia.
- The school pays the Chinese individual income taxes for the listed cash compensation. The Teacher is responsible for his/her home country tax liabilities.
- Retirement plan: 10% of salary paid as cash payment or LCMS plan, if currently enrolled.
- Worldwide medical insurance
- Laptop computer assigned to each teacher for their use and an iPad is available when needed by the curriculum
- Annual airline passage allowance in support of home leave
- Leave allowances: including sick, personal, end of contract, childbirth/adoption, and compassionate
- Early resignation decision allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Medical evacuation and disability insurance
- School tuition at Concordia for teachers’ children for up to three children if both parents are teaching and up to two children for a single teacher or a teacher with a non-teaching spouse. Tuition for additional children above the allowance is discounted 50%. All children must meet admission requirements. Any fees, including but not limited to busing, student trips, and tech equipment, related to enrollment are fully the employee’s responsibility.
- College student home visit allowance