Our middle school science program helps students develop a solid foundation in scientific concepts while growing to be complex thinkers and self-directed learners. Students also practice the skills needed in the laboratory and in the world to be excellent scientists.
Characteristics of Science at Concordia
- Students engage deeply in inquiry and creative problem solving
- Hands-on experimentation and data collection are integrated through the units
- Students use technology to learn and to share their learning
- Students explore the interdisciplinary and cross-curriculum connections embedded in real-world problems
- Students develop their technical literacy as they read, write and present
These skills equip students to collect and process scientific information necessary to investigate and understand their world. All Concordia science courses align with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Every NGSS standard has three dimensions: disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and crosscutting concepts. This integration of rigorous content and application reflects how science and engineering are practiced in the real world.
Concordia Science Students are
We believe in our obligation to help students become Active Global Citizens and, as a result, develop the relevance of science outside of the classroom is a major objective of our curriculum.