Partnership with families is integral to our school community, and we cannot over emphasize the value we place on parent involvement at Concordia.
The relationship fostered between with the school and parents goes a long way in helping to:
- · Enhance the student experience
- · Build a vibrant and supportive community at Concordia
- · Connect parent talent with classroom and other school needs
- · Encourage school spirit among students and parents
- · Raise funds to support yearly activities and the PSO Program Grant
The school and the parents have partnered together through the PSO since Concordia first opened its doors in 1998; this collaboration is essential to the success of the whole community. Every parent is invited to share their talents in some way to make the community a better place, and the PSO makes this possible by providing a broad network of activities, events and connections to actively engage the parent community.
The best thing is that you don’t have to join—you are automatically a member when your child attends Concordia!
Parents who are active in the PSO have many opportunities to give back to the school and meet more parents from the community.
Opportunities for involvement includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- · Holding a position on the PSO Board
- · Planning PSO events like Back-to-School Bash, International Festival, or Christmas Bazaar
- · Getting involved with committees like Used Books Sales, Treat Sales, Used Uniform Sales, and more
- · Joining a parent clubs and meet-ups