Dear Potential Substitute Teacher for Concordia International School Shanghai:
We want to thank you for your willingness to support the student learning in our classrooms on days when the regular teacher is not able to be present. As part of an internal review of our student safety protocols, we will be asking all employees-- both permanent and temporary, contracted staff, and volunteers who may have one-to-one interactions with students to complete both a background check and receive training on Sexual Abuse Awareness.
Please complete and return the attached writable PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the HR Office. Once we have your signed authorization, we will work with Protect My Ministry to obtain the report from your home country of record. Please be sure to include an address from your home country (even if it is not a current residence) as it helps to identify you. Also, we require the following documents as part of your application:
- Resume (CV)
- Passport and visa copy
- Degree copies
- Teaching license copy (if available)
In the US, your records will be checked against the National Criminal Database, the National Sex Offender Registry, and your Social Security number will be verified along with an address history. If warranted, a criminal search by state and county may also be requested. Checks in other countries provide similar information. PRC nationals must provide a Non-Criminal Record from the relevant PSB.
Once we receive the application,
- You will receive an email with a link to Sexual Abuse Awareness training that we are requiring of all employees, subs and volunteers.
- The link will take you to the Ministry Safe site. Please watch the video series for schools. There are nine (9) segments that take approximately an hour in total to view. They don't all need to be watched at one setting and can be paused as you are watching.
- If you have difficulty connecting to these videos, you are welcome to come to the MS/HS Library to complete this process with the school computers. The staff there can assist you if you have the link.
- After watching all of the videos, please take the quiz. Once you have completed the quiz, Concordia will get automatic notification that you have completed this process.
- This training must be completed prior to having contact with students.
The above steps must be completed prior to subbing at Concordia. If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact us through email@example.com
Assistant Head of School