- It's Simple to Apply
- Good Wifi Helps
- Where We Interview
- Child Safety
- Authentication Requirements in China
- Be aware of Recruting Scams
- Still Have Questions?
- Click on the desired position
- Select Apply for this Position (found at the bottom of the Job Description)
- Review the application form and prepare answers for some of the questions before starting the process (strongly recommended)
- Verify that you have attached a resume noting all periods of employment (full and part time) with start and end dates as well as a cover letter sharing the strengths you would bring to the position
- Submit the application form (you will receive an email verifying receipt of the application)
NOTE: If hired- employment in China requires authenticated copies of your highest degree and the background check of your home country.
We interview candidates in person, via Skype and at the following fairs:
- Global Recruitment Collaborative (GRC)-Dubai, Nov 10-11, 2018
- Search-Toronto, Dec 7-9, 2018
- ISS-Bangkok, Jan 7-8, 2019
- Search-Bangkok, Jan 10-13, 2019
- Harvard Grad School of Ed., Jan 24, 2019 (cancelled)
- Search-Cambridge, Jan 25-29, 2019 (cancelled)
- Michigan Association of Non-public Schools Conference (MANS), Grand Rapids, MI, Oct 17-19
- LCMS Northern and Southern Districts Teacher Conference, Wisconsin Dells, WI, Nov 1-2
- LCMS Pacific Southwest District Teacher Conference (LEC 2018), Mission Hills, CA, Nov 18-20
We consider each student enrolled in our school to be an invaluable trust. And we are intentional about making sure students and staff are safe and nurtured during their time at Concordia.
Our Safety Handbook outlines the measures we take to create a safe and nurturing environment for all the children we come in contact with in our work, as well as the procedures we use to ensure that we fulfill our professional and ethical obligation to identify children who are in need of help and protection and to take appropriate action to ensure their well-being.
All employees and volunteers are required to:
- complete a background check and abuse awareness training prior to working with students.
- annually review and affirm compliance in regard to their relationships with children, social media use, and the use of children's photographs and identifying information.
Degree and Background Check Requirements for Working in china
Since April 2017, China has implemented a new work permit policy. Degrees and a federal background check from your home country must be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the country in which the documents are issued. Before these documents can be authenticated by the Chinese embassy, they must first be authenticated by the country issuing the document. This process can take months. Please note: an apostille does not qualify as authentication in China.
Authentication of the diploma of your highest degree
If you decide to pursue opportunities in China for 2019-20 school year, you should start the authentication process early for your highest degree. To do this please have the diploma authenticated by your university and the state in which the university is located. Transcripts do not qualify; it must be the diploma. Please wait for the final step of having the Chinese Embassy/Consulate authenticate the diploma until you receive an offer, as this is generally the most costly part of the process. Review details regarding the authentication process.
Home Country Federal Background Check
In China, the background check by your home country is only valid for six months from the date of issue. You will need to calculate the timing of this request accordingly.
For example, new hires to Concordia present all required and authenticated documents by March, in the spring before the hire date. Concordia then applies for the working visa supporting documents. Finally, working visa supporting documents are sent to the new employee in June.
NOTE: In this scenario, your background check would need to be valid through the month of April so you would start the background check process no earlier than November.
In the US, this process can take 12-14 weeks (if you are residing outside of your home country it may take longer because of sending paperwork back and forth.) We strongly recommend using the FBI-Approved channels option, which expedites this process to 5-7 business days. Review details regarding criminal background check.
Concordia International School does not ask or require any candidates to send money for application fees, visas, or any other costs associated with recruitment or moving to Shanghai. If you have been asked by Concordia Shanghai or another international school to send money to cover such costs, you may be the target of an elaborate scam. Several international schools have had their web sites cloned, and candidates have been asked to send money as part of the scam. All candidates are urged to use extreme caution if they have been asked for money or private information.
Each fall we begin to identify positions likely to be open the following year and generally complete recruiting by late January. However, we accept applications at any time and will keep them on file for future vacancies.
Click on an opening below to learn more about the position. At the end of the file you will be asked to click on a button to complete an application.
- Due to age restrictions in China, we are not able to consider applicants who will be older than 57 on August 1 of the year of their initial contract.
- It is highly preferred that teaching candidates have certification/license.