Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the hiring process at Concordia?
- Why does Concordia choose to hire Christian teachers?
- Can you explain the salary and benefits?
- Do you hire teachers with a non-teaching spouse?
- What does it mean that Concordia teachers integrate technology into the classroom?
- Does Concordia support professional development?
- What is life like in Shanghai?
- What is the neighborhood like where Concordia is located?
- What is housing like? When will I know my housing assignment?
- When do new teachers arrive in Shanghai? What will happen at orientation?
- How do teachers get additional information prior to moving to Shanghai?
- Why do families choose Concordia over other school options in Shanghai?
- Where are Concordia faculty from?
- What are medical services like in Shanghai?
Each fall we begin to identify positions likely to be open the following year and generally complete recruiting by late January. However, we accept applications at any time and will keep them on file for future vacancies.
Click on an opening below to learn more about the position. At the end of the file you will be asked to click on a button to complete an application.
- Due to age restrictions in China, we are not able to consider applicants who will be older than 57 on August 1 of the year of their initial contract.
- It is highly preferred that teaching candidates have certification/license.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org