The Concordia Fund
Individuals and families who give to the Concordia Fund become Concordia’s next generation of founders, raising the Concordia experience from excellent to exceptional.
Since 2018 more than parents, staff, alumni and friends have given more than 3,000,000 RMB to the Concordia Fund. These gifts support expanded learning and opportunities for students to use their education to help others.
- FY 20 total Concordia Fund giving—1,593,620 RMB*
- FY 19 total Concordia Fund giving—2,042,431 RMB
- 42 employees and 128 families donated for the FIRST time in FY 20
- 100% Concordia Senior Counsel participation
- 48% of employees made a gift—the exact same percentage as last year
- 24% of families made a gift—an increase from 18%
* Our giving campaigns were shortened due to COVID-19. The Gala & Auction and all donor events February onward were canceled due to COVID-19.
In support of additional experiences where students are most impacted and where their deepest and longest lasting relationships are formed
In support of student-centered service programs and initiatives that benefit the community, China and the entire world.
Made possible in partnership with the Shanghai Education Foundation
Made possible in partnership with our founding organization the LCMS
Leadership Giving Circle
Phoenix Club Level - 50000 RMB +
Gold Level - 25000 to 49999 RMB
Blue Level - 5000 to 24999 RMB
Additional Giving Levels
Friend of Concordia - 500 to 4999 RMB
Donor - up to 499 RMB
Phoenix Family - all donors
Since 2018, more than 3000000 RMB has been raised for Concordia student enrichment and outreach opportunities and 32 projects have been supported!
2019-2020 Projects Funded and Completed
- Commissioned choral piece written for and premiered at APAC
- American Sign Language training to prepare HS students to serve at a center for deaf people
- Family service trip to Garuna Foundation in Cambodia
- Buddy Bench to encourage kindness
- Aerospace exploration trip to Textron
- Concordia Presents with Lenora Chu
- Shining Star service trips to assist children left behind
- Visit with wildlife photographer and author Jan Latta
- Investment Club competition
- Supplies for migrant schools
Capital Projects Funded and Completed
- EC/ES Library renovation and addition of new books and materials
- Phoenix Lounge furniture
To our amazing parents and partners who donated large numbers of face masks and protective gloves to support the Concordia community's health and well-being. Several families generously gave masks and PPE to Concordia to help prepare for school reopening after the initial Shanghai lockdown due to COVID-19.
Responding to the needs of those affected by the virus, our community expressed a desire to help and we implemented Jiayou China, a fundraising effort to support CWEF and SEDF as they bring medical supplies to crisis areas and provide support to medical professionals serving the affected. 130,000 RMB was donated to support their COVID-19 efforts.