Join our community as part of a unique group of learners from diverse language and cultural backgrounds who experience the Concordia Advantage while increasing their academic English language fluency.
Expert educators tailor individual instruction to each student's language level in this community of no more than 12 students
Students grow in their core academics in tandem with a targeted focus on English language development
Taught by native English speakers and fully integrated into grade 6 specials enabling students to develop English language fluency
International Cohort applications will be accepted through January 15, 2018.
Admission decisions will be made by January 31, 2018.
Through this unique opportunity, beginning August 2018, twelve grade 6 students will experience our passionate community focused on academic rigor, relevance and relationships. Learners from diverse linguistic backgrounds will create a community which encourages English as the language of learning, building fluency while advancing academic achievement.
- No more than 30% of students with one language background to create ideal environment for English language development
- Instruction tailored to each student's English language level
- Full integration into fine arts, physical education, educational travel and other grade 6 electives and co-curricular activities
- Submit school records and recommendations that report grade level success
- Take WIDA assessment or submit WIDA scores from assessment taken within past six months
- Show proficiency as “Intermediate or Higher” in the English language on the language assessment (WIDA)
- Participate in a shadow day at Concordia if the family lives in Shanghai
- Meet all other Concordia Admission qualifications and standards
Parents of applicants will...
- Desire to have their child acquire English
- Sign a form acknowledging:
- the rigorous aspects of this exclusive opportunity
- the support that Concordia will provide to the student
- that a tuition surcharge will apply for the class, and the expectations for the student and
- family as part of the International
- Provide ongoing transition support for
the entire family
- Connect parents with one-to one family
sponsor, and students with one-to-one
student buddy in the same grade
- Challenge students academically within an environment of care and support as they build and develop their individual English language fluency