Our physical education program is specifically designed to introduce basic concepts of fitness, locomotor and non-locomotor skills as well as a variety of simple games that build cooperation, strategy and sportsmanship. Modifications and lead-up games are used when necessary in order to allow maximum participation, proper progression of skills and achievement.
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
- Students in Grades 1 through 4 attend two 45-minute P.E. classes every six days.
- Kindergarten classes attend four 30-minute P.E. classes every six days.
- And Preschool 3 and Preschool 4 attend two 20-minute P.E. classes every six days.