Early Childhood Education
One of the special aspects of Concordia International School is the unique early childhood program we offer for Preschool students ages 3-5. Preschool-3 is offered for children who are age 3 by September 1, and Preschool-4 is offered for children who are age 4 by September 1. A caring, loving environment is critical for a young child’s success, and we strive to provide the best place for kids to learn and grow physically, academically, and spiritually.
Teachers and staff work intentionally on building strong relationships with students in order to help them succeed as individuals. At Concordia, children will learn much more than ABC’s and 123’s; they find opportunities for high-quality play that invites learning and explore skills that will stay with them as they continue their learning adventures.
Through a holistic education, children learn what it means to be kind and serve others joyfully. Character education is taught at all levels, but especially in the early childhood years, where social-emotional learning and intelligence begins. Research shows that young children who experience strong self-regulatory environments will experience greater success in elementary school. Concordia’s holistic philosophy is one way children grow to be reflective spiritual beings.
Developmentally Appropriate Academics
Concordia follows an American early childhood education program philosophy and utilizes many Early Learning Goals developed by the United States to ensure children are learning at their highest potential. Our staff receive special training and preparation in early childhood best practices and instructional methods.
Additional support is provided for students who are still developing their use of the English language.
Some of the unique characteristics of our program include:
- Multiple opportunities to learn and experience the English language
- Technology usage in each classroom
- Teacher assistants in all classes
- A special Large Motor Room for student use
- A special rooftop playground for early childhood student use
- A special outdoor garden that provides a natural learning environment for students
- A playground environment designed specifically for exercise, exploration, and socialization
- Special “Makerspace” where children can be creative, messy, and scientific
- “Buddy” projects with elementary grade students
When teachers utilize a high level of research-based instructional tools and strategies, students are those who succeed!